Frequently Asked Questions

What methods of payment do you accept?

We accept cash, debit, email funds transfer, or certified cheque payable to Glover and Associates.

What forms of identification do you accept?

We accept any form of Government issued identification with the exception of a Health Card.

What is a Travel Consent Letter and why is it necessary?

A travel consent letter confirms children have permission to travel abroad either alone, with 1 parent or with other people. This document should be notarized by a lawyer to avoid difficulties when traveling across boarders. Children should also have a valid passport, birth certificate or citizenship card to support the letter.  For more information on children traveling abroad, please visit:

How long does it take to get a divorce certificate?

Approximately 4-6 months.

I have bought/sold a property, how do I retain you as my lawyer?

In order to retain our services for a purchase, sale or refinance of property, simply advise your Real Estate professional or Mortgage provider of our contact details. Then contact our office to ensure that we have your contact information as well. Then leave it to us. We will be in touch soon to go through all the steps with you.

How do I buy/sell property privately?

Private purchases or sales can be tricky. If you wish to enter into an agreement with a private party, it is best to consult with your lawyer to ensure that your rights are protected in a valid and formal agreement of purchase and sale. As they say, “With property, a verbal agreement is not worth the paper its (not) written on.’ Any agreement for property needs to be clearly spelled out in a proper format. Your lawyer can assist.

Why are Wills & Powers of Attorney so important?

A will is a gift to those we leave behind. Having a will ensures that our loved ones have clear instructions for our burial and for the distribution of our belongings. Parents of young children are in particular need of having up-to-date wills as the most important part of their will is the assignment of guardianship of the children. This is not something you want to leave to chance.

If someone dies without a will, what happens?

When someone dies without a will, a lengthy process occurs to have the government/court decide who raises your children, who manages your estate and, ultimately, who benefits by the things you worked your lifetime acquiring.

Do estates always need to be probated?

Not all estates need a Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee (commonly known as probate). However, all estates must be properly managed. It is best to consult with your accountant and lawyer to determine the required steps to effectively administer an estate.