- Review of the Agreement of Purchase and Sale and Status Certificate (if required)
- In addition to your notification, we will also notify the various utility companies advising of change of ownership and requesting final meter readings as an extra precaution
- Notification to the property tax department advising of change of ownership and providing a copy of the registered transfer after successful registration.
- Complete search of title including execution clearance searches
- Preparation of all required purchase documents
- Preparation of all required mortgage documents (this will confirm my advice to you that we do not act for any CIBC Products)
- Attending with you to review and sign all documents
- Preparation of accounting
- Requesting, obtaining and receiving a Title Insurance Policy for you as well as the mortgagee. Title insurance has no deductible so the premium is truly a one-time fee and coverage is valid for the entire time the homeowner holds title to the home. Please note that this premium is based on the purchase price of a home. If the purchase price is less than $400,000, the title insurance premium will be included in our package. If the purchase price exceeds $400,000, surcharges will be applied by the insurance provider and added to your accounting. For more information regarding title insurance, please visit https://www.fct.ca/customers/owners-buyers/order/res-order-now.aspx
- Registration of the Transfer/Deed of Land
- Registration of the Charge/Mortgage of Land
- Meeting with you to provide the keys to the property
- Reporting to you on this purchase transaction
- Reporting to the mortgagee
- All legal fees and disbursements for the purchase and mortgage
In addition, the City of Toronto announced that effective April 1st, 2016, Municipal Land Transfer Tax (MLTT) transactions are subject to a new administration fee of $75.00 plus HST. This amount is charged in addition to our fees and disbursements noted above.
Should there be any tax arrears from the previous owners, which may be discovered after closing, your policy will usually provide full coverage to rectify the issue.
However, upon request, as well as an additional fee of $75.00+HST, we can order a Tax Certificate to confirm if there are any tax arrears prior to closing.
With respect to Land Transfer Tax, kindly visit their website for any additional information. http://www.rev.gov.on.ca/en/tax/ltt/
Your responsibilities would include notification to the various utility companies advising of change of ownership and requesting final meter readings as well as making arrangements with your telephone, internet and cable providers. You must also obtain home insurance as it is required for closing for the mortgagee.